Let’s talk about husbands for a little while. They annoy us, they pester us and most of all…they make us the happiest we have ever been. I’m not gonna lie, as far as husbands go I pretty much lucked out. Sure he drives me crazy and makes me want to pull my hair out when his eyes glaze over every time I open my mouth…but the man can make me laugh. Like, really laugh. Like a gut busting, tear inducing full-blown laugh.
Most people who know Sean know that he is pretty famous for saying incredibly inappropriate things, especially to a hormonal pregnant woman. It’s all meant in good fun, but when your husband compares you to a manatee when you are pregnant you begin contemplating doing evil things to him. In fact, I started a list of the hilarious things he said to me but I feel like I need to save those for another post down the road. We all know that there is only more verbal gold to come whenever we get pregnant again.
Husband, this post is for you. It’s for all the times you’ve made me crazy and it’s for all the times you’ve made me laugh. You are truly the most good-hearted, hilarious and amazing person I know and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life listening to the craziness that comes out of your mouth!
Top 10 reasons why my Husband is awesome
1. You make the weirdest noises when you sleep. Sometimes you sound like Darth Vader. Other times it sounds like you a firing a tiny space gun with your mouth.
2. You love Pearl Jam. Enough said.
3. Your ability to stay calm no matter what the situation is. While it’s so aggravating that I can’t fully do that, it is starting to wear off on me.
4. Crazy hats and cardboard cutouts.
5. All of your phone conversations start with “Hey! Uh….”
6. You rock out in the car with me to the cheesiest 80’s music possible. I’m sure people think we are nuts…and I love that you don’t care.
7. You are turning into a total house geek like me. I’m a geek and I don’t care who knows it!
8. You’ve embraced the fact that I think a song says something that is completely different from what it actually says…and you’ve started singing it my way instead.
9. You immediately fit in with all of my friends, it’s almost like you are all copies of the same person. Especially when it comes to Halloween…Best. Costumes. Ever.
And last, but not least:
10. You turn into a straight up muppet when you are happy. I mean, full on muppet dancing where your arms and legs aren’t even a part of your body. Pure awesomeness.
So, here’s to you honey. Keep the laughter and those crazy one liners coming…because you are my own personal fountain of youth and I can’t wait to be the old people in the retirement home being scolded for racing our wheelchairs down the hall 🙂