A combination of the chilly overcast day and the fact that I think I’m coming down with the flu has me feeling pretty run down today. I’m incredibly tired and every inch of me aches…fabulous. I’ve had a few things on my mind the past few days that I’m sure aren’t helping at all either. At least the chilly fall day gives me an excuse to keep my behind planted on the couch watching aimless TV for the majority of the day.
I rarely get sick but it seems like when I do I’m down for the count for a few days before I’m back on my feet again. Part of the benefit of working in a hospital is that you build up resistance to a lot of what goes around. It could also be because working in a hospital has turned me into a total germaphobe so I wash my hands constantly. When I do get sick I have a few go to things that help me feel better-or at least make being sick more tolerable until I do feel better.
1. My dog Bailey. She knows when I’m sad, sick or just need to cuddle and she is always right next to me.
2. Chicken noodle soup. That goes without saying, I know, but it can’t just be any chicken noodle soup. It has to be either Mrs. Grass or my mom’s homemade. Nothing else can compare to those.
3. Mint Chamomile tea. It’s amazing. I’m out right now so I’m drinking plain peppermint tea and it’s not the same.
4. Watching TV in bed. There’s just something about getting away with being lazy and staying in bed all day.
5. Watching TV on the couch…but with the pillow from your bed. Sometimes you just need a change in scenery but you have to take that comfort with you.
I hope that whatever this is goes away soon. I’m having a hard time staying awake as I type this…
Anyone have any suggestions or things that work for them while they are sick?