What a blustery and dreary day outside today! My wonderful friend Kara and I took advantage of the crappy day and spent a few hours working on some projects. We’ve been planning this crafting day for a week and she was awesome and had a plan of what she wanted to do. I, on the other hand, had no idea and decided I would wander around Michael’s until I figured something out.
My first thought was to make a wreath and then something I saw on Pinterest (of course) popped into my head. I’ve become kind of crazy about the wood floors in the new house (even though they need to be redone anyways) and I’ve been trying to come up with somewhere to put wet shoes in the winter. Rugs are alright, but the muck can soak right through them. Enter my new River Rock Tray!
What you need
- Cookie sheet
- River Rock
Like the kitchen art project, this is entirely too easy.
- Sort through the rocks and arrange them on the tray where you want them to lay. I like to see what I’m working with before I start going crazy with the glue. Things get messy if I jump the gun.
- Once you like the pattern and arrangement-get your glue on.
- Admire your finished project. Be sure to check the dry time on the adhesive you used. The glue I chose takes a bit to set and isn’t fully dry for 24 hours.
I think that I will eventually do 4 total so I can have a larger area for shoes right inside the door. The glue I used is waterproof and I like that I can just rinse these off when they get dirty.
Total Cost: $22.71!! (with supplies left over!)
- Cookie sheet – $2.88 at Walmart (I bought 2 but only used 1)
- River Rock – $6.99 a bag at Michaels (I bought 2 and used 1.5 bags)
- Adhesive – $2.97 at Walmart
On my way home, I stopped at Mangelsen’s to pick up a few things and instead came home with another easy DIY project (thanks for the idea, Kara!). I’m gonna keep that one a surprise for now because I don’t want to ruin some Christmas gifts, but I promise it’s a good one! Bailey was not as enthusiastic as I was about it…
Happy crafting everyone!