It’s been awhile since I dedicated a post to my dear, sweet husband and I feel like today is as good of a day as any for that. The last time I wrote about him, I listed a few of the hilarious things that have escaped his lips during this pregnancy. Not to worry, more beauties like those have been free-flowing since then and I have the ever-growing list to prove it. Let me start by saying that everything he says is with the best intentions… it’s just that sometimes the delivery is a wee bit lacking in, shall we say, tact? So, without further delay, may I present to you the next installment of did he really say that?!
1. This one is an oldie, but still one of my favorites. While watching one of our new favorite TV shows rather intently, he says a very long and drawn out “She’s pretty!”. After sensing me stare at him for a few seconds he turns to me and says “Well, you’re pretty too, you’re just full of baby.”. And you, sir, are lucky your face wasn’t full of my fist after that.
2. We’ve been trying to be creatively cheap with our meals lately and one meal in particular consisted of a cheesy potato casserole with avocados diced on top. While eating dinner, we were discussing how much I love avocados and how people warn me not to eat too many because of the fat content and out of no where Sean chimes in with “That’s why I gave you less potatoes!”. Just how I like my meals, high in fat and low in carbs.
3. I’ve experienced quite a bit of awkwardness involving changing seasons and sizes at the same time. As you can imagine, changing sizes on both the top and around your middle can pose some interesting wardrobe issues when you don’t have appropriate fitting clothes. I refused to buy a new coat to wear for only a short while so I resorted to leaving them unbuttoned and tying the belt to close the coats. One time after doing this Sean turns to me and says “You look like a number 8!”. Because 8 is great? Umm, no. Wardrobe fail sad face 😦 .
4. For obvious reasons, there have been quite a few discussions involving names around our house for the past few months. During one of these discussions, I was telling him what different names meant. When I told him that my name meant graceful, little and strong, he responded with “Wow, they were 0 for 3 weren’t they?”. Oh yeah?? Well, you’re lucky I have pregnancy brain and can’t come back with a comment because…oh, ice cream!….
5. The baby seems to be the most active at night. More specifically around 9:30. We can feel so many kicks, rattles and rolls around 9:30 that it’s quickly become our favorite time of day with both of us fighting over “belly space” to place our hands. One night, while waiting for the kicks to start Sean leans over to my belly and says “Come on baby, show me how hard you can kick your mama!”. And so it begins…
See what I have to live with? Don’t let me fool you though, I love every minute of his ridiculousness. With (around) 11 more weeks to go, I’m sure there are plenty more of these to come. Stay tuned for the next episode…