Joining the other millions of bloggers wrapping up 2012 with a look back at the past year and plans for the coming year…is little ol’ me. 2012 was most definitely an exciting year for everyone, and although I know there was enough heartache and loss to last us a million years or more, I hope that the New Year brings peace and happiness to those who need it most.
2012 was a great year for my family and I. We welcomed new additions to our families, started new jobs, traveled and generally enjoyed life. At the beginning of the year, I wrote about my New Years “promises” instead of my New Years “goals”. Regardless of what I called them, I wanted to take a minute to go over them…more as a way to hold myself accountable and laugh at the ridiculousness of my promises.
- Walk/run/bike/elliptical at least 10 miles a week. I actually did really well with this for the most part. I wasn’t able to do as much towards the end of my pregnancy (because of the whole sausage feet/legs deal) and it took me longer than I care to admit to jump back on the treadmill after Millie was born, but I am happy with what I accomplished.
- Take advantage of at least 1 solid uninterrupted hour of relaxation. I gonna go ahead and call this one a win. Even if it meant stealing some couch time when Millie went down for a nap, I was able to have some “me” time everyday.
- Finish at least 1 bedroom from top to bottom. Alright, I have to admit…I cheated on this one. I knew I was pregnant when I wrote this one, and I knew we would have to completely renovate the nursery. But – we still did it, so it’s a win!
- Be less cell phone dependent. This one is a bit of a win/lose. I have stopped constantly checking Facebook, Instagram, texts, etc. but I do always have my phone with me so I can take pictures or videos of Millie at any time. What can I say…I’m a sucker for technology.
- Learn sign language. This one is pretty much a loss. I did learn a lot about baby sign language and still plan to use this with Millie, but actually learning to sign didn’t happen. That being said, I do plan to keep this as a long-term goal!
I can’t help but think back on the past year with a smile and think towards 2013 with the giddiness of a child on Christmas morning. 2012 was about knowing what I wanted to accomplish and planning for a new baby. 2013 is about dreams. It’s about capturing hopes and aspirations and exploring paths less traveled.
Here’s to 2013! It’s going to be a great ride.